We are looking for someone with a minimum of 6 years of experience as a Family Law, Probate and/or Civil Paralegal.
Essential Job Functions
- Multi-task and complete time and mission-critical projects in a timely manner.
- Be analytical, innovative, and have an aptitude for detail.
- Work independently and be a team player.
- Prepare factual summaries/declarations and documents for evidentiary purposes.
- Responsible for efiling with state courts utilizing One Legal.
- Assist attorneys in all phases in family law, civil litigation, and/or probate
- Coordinate service of documents with outside vendors.
- Responsible for all phases of discovery, including, but not limited to, reviewing and preparing client documents for production, drafting of discovery requests to be propounded on opposing party, drafting of discovery responses.
- Review and edit documents upon request from the attorney.
- Manage assigned case files in Dropbox and case calendar in Practice Panther.
- Communicate with Opposing Counsel upon request from an attorney.
- Communicate to Clients regarding the status of the case and upcoming events such as discovery, hearings, etc.
- Assist attorneys with trial preparation.
- Conduct statutory, regulatory, and factual research.
- Draft, edit, cite-check, and otherwise assist in the preparation of legal documents.
- Prepare California Judicial Council forms.
- Work with clients in responding to discovery requests.
- Experience in Probate is a huge plus
- Good sense of humor
- Enthusiastic, loyal, and conscientious
- Must have a professional demeanor
- Pays attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Works well independently as well as with others
- Able to accept supervision and follow directions
- Knowledge of legal pleadings and knowledge of keeping legal files
- At least three years of Family-Law paralegal experience
- Good with computers, and learning new software applications
- Word processing, typing, and computer skills
- Ability to use Adobe, excel, outlook, word, and other programs